CAIRO! Fest Budapest Scholarship 2020
Thank you for your application for the second CAIRO! Fest Budapest’s Scholarship Program.
I’m still speechless after reading all your amazing, honest, dedicated and serious motivation letters. It took long time to come to a decision. It was touching to experience how many enthusiastic, dedicated, passionate dancers we have out there eager to learn and how many dreams, personal motivations and plans you’re all having connected to oriental dance. I have been reading some of the letters through tears again. You have been incredibly and sincere and it was an honor to get connected to all of you through your own words about your journey. Thank you for sharing so much. I would love to support all of you and I hope I will be able to do that once in the future.
I’ve made my decision concerning the future of the art of oriental dance in and out of our communities. I believe we need to share and spread the love for our beautiful art form as well as create space and opportunities for the future generations and for the less privileged. To share information, raise the professional standards as well as the wellness and recreational aspects, offering a safe environment for our students and for each other as colleagues.
I preferred those motivation letters that provided more tangible ideas about the community creating, future talent supporting, wellness and recreational aspects of bellydance, concrete ideas about sharing the knowledge and passion, spreading love of dance and movement among less privileged groups, willing to use dance for helping others to heal, for motivating, for shaping supportive and non judgmental communities.
I hope you will accept my decision with open heart and I will see all of you very soon regardless. It was a really difficult decision so I have decided to offer a second price in both categories.
Thank you again from my heart, sending you love and wishing you happy dancing always,
CAIRO! Fest Budapest 2020 Scholarship international applicants results:
– Karole Al Dineh (CAIRO! Full Pass)
– Julie Yallar (Alexandria Pack)
Congratulations to you all!
Some inspiring quote from the motivation letters:
„You might come in a bad mood but by the end of the class, you will feel happier and more satisfied with yourself. Isn’t that magical feeling worth fighting for?”
„… my main aim was previously to help other women realise their passion, beauty and abilities through Oriental dance.”
„ The dance is an escape from reality and allows me to create a new temporary existence where I can be anyone I want to be, while expressing myself or telling a story.”
„Oriental/ Middle Eastern dance – this is what keeps me alive. It’s probably one of the only things that can make me like myself. Make me feel beautiful. Make me feel free.”
„It has taken me years to get to a point where I feel “pretty” and dance has brought me through that journey, allowing me to see myself as an artist and a dancer, as someone who could share a beautiful dance piece with the world, how then can I not be beautiful I came to this realization after my first solo performance.”
„I believe dancing is not an activity that is only important to oneself, but it is more something to be shared with others, which is what I always endeavour to do.”
„In art you can never be a finished product, there is always something new to be learned, some movements to refine and different point of views to get to know.”
„…dance has now become a constant source of joy and happiness for me. This is the way I can express my creativity, and escape the worries and stress of daily life to just live in the moment and relax. Whenever I dance, I stop thinking about any problems and worries; I am in a different world, where I can experience and express completely different feelings.”
How can you apply for the next CAIRO! Fest Budapest 2021 Scholarship Program?
Would you like to take part in festival courses but it doesn’t fit your budget? This opportunity is for you!
– You have at least 3 years experience in oriental dance
– You are a committed student or educator
– You have serious plans for the future with dance
– You feel able to attend at least two workshops a day for 4 days.
– Further details and application deadline to be announced in autumn 2020.
A motivational letter has to contain:
– Why you applied, why would you like to attend the festival
– Why would you be the ideal choice
– What plans do you have for belly dance in the future, how can you use what you learned to achieve your goals, and share with us anything you find relevant
– Attach a minimum of 2 to 2 fresh (up to 1 year old) photos and videos with your application.
* The scholarship is a full free VIP festival package.
* Workshop selection based on current availability.
* Depending on the candidates, dedicated dancers may win smaller packages
* The winner undertakes to attend at least 2 workshops each day of the festival and to report back in writing (or video format). We also publish the report on our website and in social media.
* No age limit.
* A total of 2 dancers (1 Hungarian and 1 foreign) can win the opportunity.
* Multiple winners will be selected if the primary winner of the scholarship withdraws before the festival, with the second prize being awarded.
We hope to get to know as many enthusiastic dancers as you apply and help someone make their dancer dreams come true.
Waiting for your letter!